This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order a service from us, we’ll collect your address and contact details and pass them to our driver.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Rent a Car to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you fill out booking request form on our website.
- When you book a service by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about our services.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you comment on or review our services.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about Rent a Car who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Details of your interactions with us through email / phone contact or by using our website
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your age or identity where the law requires this. (including your driver’s licence, PCO, MOT certificate and insurance details). This will include details of your full name, address and date of birth.
- Details of your visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours.
- We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for Payment information.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract withthem.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected always.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by- case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Rent a Car holds at any time, and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate.
If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal. Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.